My husband turns 37 today. I overheard him say to someone recently, "Roughly half of my life is over; and, it's the long half that has passed." I think he is right. We all rush and hurry to get here...and then, we can't wait for it to slow down. Life moves too quickly to not take notice of the blessings, the answered prayers, the nuances, and the details...all of which are represented in this tribute that grows each year on the day of his birth. 37 reasons to celebrate my husband today.
1. He shows his love for Jesus in practice.
2. He gives THE best massages.
3. He reads The Chronicles of Narnia to the boys even when he’s tired.
4. He helps with dishes even when he’s tired.
5. He listens to my concerns, even when he’s tired.
6. He honors his parents, and my parents too.
7. He loves to read history.
8. He actively participates in homeschooling.
9. He loves to study the Word of God.
10. He is a gentle but forthright teacher and counselor.
11. He challenges himself in everything.
12. He loves to learn languages.
13. He tries any food from any country….including duck tongue, mopani worms, biltong, and kimchee.
14. He is stronger than he appears.
15. He can distinguish various instrument tracks in any song.
16. He reads books written by dead people.
17. He is humble.
18. He earns respect and authority as dad.
19. He changes dirty diapers.
20. He gets up in the night with crying children.
21. He is THE renaissance man.
22. He never gives up on people.
23. He loves anything outdoors.
24. He doesn’t let fear get in the way.
25. He makes breakfast every day.
26. He gives sincere hugs.
27. He is a truly loyal friend.
28. He never compromises.
29. He is a diligent worker.
30. He looks good in Gap jeans.
31. He is famous for his puns.
32. He loves to make someone feel at home.
33. He cries.
34. He is consistant and steady.
35. He makes me want to be a better woman.
36. He always has his pulse on how short life is…and how to make each moment.
And, #37, for 2010:
37. His economy of words gives you ample to chew on and little to waste.
Happiest birthday to you, sweetheart. May you decrease and Christ increase in fashioning you into a man after His own heart. I love you!
JOIN THE FAMILY
Sign up for our mailing list and receive updates, promotions, exclusive discounts, and freebies!