I'm honestly not sure why none of my friends told me about this. A few of my girlfriends head to Target at least three times a week, but it took a sweet gal at the Target Cafe to tell me that I could be saving money on all the things that I buy all the time at Target, with a little app called Cartwheel. I'm sure my friends have known about this all along; they were just holding out on me.
I was starting my Target trip (with six kids) off right: with Icees, soft pretzels, and a bag of popcorn to share. If you're going to shop at Target with six boys, you might as well make it an event. And, just as I was starting to fuss about the cost of all the treats adding up, I was introduced to Cartwheel, which just so happened to be offering discounts on soft pretzels and popcorn.
So when Target thought I'd be a good person to spread the word about Cartwheel, I was more than happy to do so. I'm a good friend. I'll fill you in about Cartwheel in case you, too, have been in the dark about special savings at Target...
There are more than 700 coupons in Cartwheel, conveniently organized by category and department. Cartwheel can only be used on in-store purchases, and requires nothing but a scan-able barcode through the app on your phone to access the savings. You can also use either the iPhone or Droid native apps, and scan any barcode in store to see if that item has a Cartwheel offer on it. Haven't you always wanted to do this very thing? The always-a-bargain-hunter in me says yes.
Some other things I like about using Cartwheel:
- Coupon & discount stacking—guests are able to use Cartwheel with any other Target discounts or coupons, manufacturers’ coupons and their REDcard discount.
- Multi-use offers—guests are able to use any offer on their list as many times as they wish until the offer expires, with the following exceptions: limit of 4 items per offer, per transaction; limit of 6 Cartwheel scans per day.
- Single scan barcode—each barcode generated by Cartwheel is unique to the guest and holds all of the offers on their Cartwheel list. All the guest needs to do is simply scan the barcode one time at the point of purchase (after scanning any other coupons, discounts, etc.) and all the discounts on their list will be applied!
- Cartwheel collections—Cartwheel collections are curated lists of offers that make it easy for the guest on the go to add items to her list.
- There are many other social media perks and bonuses for connecting and using the app.
Considering all that I buy at Target from week to week, Cartwheel is quite the no-brainer. The simplicity of using it on the go, on all the things you already have on your list...and a few things that will more likely make it into your cart with a discount...is simply brilliant.
Way to go, Target!
The folks at Target is giving away a $1000 Target GiftCard® to one lucky winner. Here's how to enter:
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post:
Tell me why you would love the Cartwheel app for a chance to win?
Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 1/30 - 2/28.
Be sure to visit the Target Cartwheel brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!