I'm sharing a few things about myself as part of a meet and greet with the HopeSpoken linkup...
5 things for HopeSpoken 2014:
- post your picture so that we can recognize you. - introduce yourself! - something that you are little timid or nervous about for the weekend - something that you are hoping to take away from HopeSpoken - share something fun/random about yourself
2. Hello! I'm Ruth...I'm a mom of six man cubs, and a wife to a VERY patient, kind man named Troy. He puts up with my need to analyze and talk things out with lots of hand motions, and my constant tinkering with all things artsy, creative, and home dec (read: I'm constantly moving furniture, making things, and making a mess.) I never planned on having more than two kids, who I assumed would be girls. God is good and has a sense of humor like that, and I'm so grateful that he took me from grieving over what isn't to rejoicing in what is.
In a period of a little over 10 years, my husband and I had six boys, planted a church, and started a school. Recommended? Probably not. Result? I've been buying diapers and hardly sleeping for 11 years straight, have experienced tremendous joys and heartaches in ministry life, and am married to a headmaster with a pastor's heart (and a penchant for all things archaic.)
Oh, and I am an artist. I paint, do chalk lettering, and have a thing for murals. You can follow as I process my way through art, motherhood, and making a house a home on Instagram.
3. Nervous?...well, I'm not good at small talk, lots of hugging, or being chatty in a huge crowd of women. I'm easily distracted, and am always eager to get past the "I love caramel macchiatos, too!" to the stuff that hearts and heartaches are made of. So, yeah...I'm excited and nervous, all at the same time.
4. I hope to build real life friendships with the community of ladies I already consider dear and special in my life...and hope to make a few new friends, too!
5. Something random about me: I have a habit of impersonating people and have been told that I'm much funnier in real life and after 10pm than I come across on the blog.
Well, that's it! Thanks for getting to know me. Are you going to Hope Spoken? I'd love to meet you if you are!